Wednesday, March 04, 2009

World is an Oyster


Through my lens, looking at you


I love the feeling of strangers smiling into my camera. Travel Portraiture fascinates and haunts me. I wish I could capture every face I saw. Every face I see. Some pass by so quickly and stay in my mind forever. Some smile, while others stare through.

I enjoy imagining what it'd be like for that cute American or Spaniard to spot himself in one of my photographs online on sharing websites like flickr.com. Would I fill him/her with the same joy as they filled me with? Not just when my shutter clicked, but endlessly as I look at them now and then. These collection of faces are not just pictures of people frozen in time. They are experiences. A Treasure trove of real people, preserved in photo chemicals. 

That they are strangers, makes them more attractive and mysterious. I dream about their back-stories and write these set of words........for you and for them.

Look at Me
As I look at You
My Lens is your Mirror,
And my Window
To your Soul
Say what you feel
With your Face
And I'll preserve You

No comments: