Friday, April 10, 2009

Space. The final frontier........ 

I've been wanting to watch the Star Trek series for a long time. Some people have told me it's silly while others write great things about it online. But, I would never watch the show on TV when it played a decade or so ago. Though Persis Khamabata appealed in all her baldness, for some reason I was never hooked on to it. Despite me, being a science-fiction fan. 

Hmmm I'll wait for the new Star Trek film.....and hopefully get inculcated into it's cult followers.

Which brings to me the fact that I haven't read Stephen Hawking's - A brief History of Time either. Why didn't I? Sitting on my ass with no work, I'm questioning myself right now, but I don't know. 

"My goal is simple. It is a complete understanding of the Universe, why it is as it is and why it exists at all."
Stephen Hawking 

I think I am a sort of goal-less individual....with no major ambitions at my wise age of 26....of the kinds "I want to be a CEO by 35" or "I want to have children by 28" or "I have to finish my film by 25 because well, so did Orson Welles."  

My goals seem more like dreams...not given complete form, but there at the back of my mind....which I hope will take shape when the time is right. Like doing something....where I have a space of my own...a freedom to create and imagine and get lost. Or learning how to swim, so I can jump into the Ganga in Rishikesh with the white-water rafters...and maybe go Kayaking. Or looking up Eurail pass and youth hostel budgets in Europe while idling at work.
 
So, for now the Hawking quote is good. 

"For you, time is not a system but a flowing of the present." - An FB quiz result

1 comment:

Grand Exemplar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.