Thursday, April 16, 2009

Of water and underwater.........

Off late, I have discovered a new Love for water, and things that go deeper....into the blue yonder...

I came across an interview with Werner Herzog on filming Encounters at the End of the World. You can read it by clicking HERE.

It takes me back to some brilliant deep-sea shots of a diver swimming in an alternate world of strange creatures that lurk and survive at the end of the world....at the deep end. They are spell-binding. It is a strange existence. Set to out of the world music by Henry Kaiser, you will be awed and maybe it just might reduce that inner fear of a shark-chase! (Are you reading this Sushmit?!)

Oh and this interview mentions a new film that Herzog is working on, which will be produced by David Lynch! Now that should screw my head right up!

Whether Herzog creates the obstacles in his way, or merely films them, the results are the same: there is ecstasy, awe, horror, a kind of bitterly compromised transcendence. "The distinction between fiction and documentary is the last thing I would spend a sleepless night over," he says. "It's all movies for me."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"The distinction between fiction and documentary is the last thing I would spend a sleepless night over...it's all movies for me..."

WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!