Monday, December 15, 2008


Chaos Theory 

In my 25th year I wrote a post, titled 25 things to do on turning 25. The way 2008 turned out - makes that list prophetic! 

My quarter-life crisis year. Crisis it sure was! But all my travels and my experiences put together make me feel fresh as the year ends. I feel, I have seen the highest high in Ladakh, and the lowest low in the plains at home. Just like the implosion in the American economy and the explosion of bombs closer home, life too had bloated and busted, and anger had reached a tip. 

But I feel pure now. As if, the trip to Rishikesh and the clear pristine waters of the Ganga cleansed and washed my soul, clearing it of all its negative energies and filling me with happiness and hope. It’s as if, I am shedding my skin and a new child is being born. Or maybe it’s just the old one, dissolving and evolving. 

With a certain radiance, I think about the times when my mind was agitated, and there were no clear answers. When nothing made sense, and there was no control. Ironically, I dwell in the same feelings in my moment of peace now. The very same mysteries are beautiful and give new hope. In the words of George Harrison, "It's all in the mind." 

All you need is Love, and a change of camera angle. :)

It’s been one heck of a tumultuous year! Like the chaos theory – random but with a pattern…

What will 2009 be like? 

Another passage……another dream….another highway! 

No comments: