Monday, July 20, 2009


Mordor Rock

Let's talk about Led Zeppelin! Led Zep were inspired by Tolkein's Lord of the Rings, and there was a discreet sprinkling of LOTR all over their lyrics in some songs. As a fan of both, I thought I'd share some of these lyrics which combine the best rock arrangements, vocals of Robert Plant and guitar by Jimmy Page.


"The band's individualistic style draws from many sources and transcends any one genre. Their rock-infused interpretation of the blues and folk genres also incorporated rockabilly, reggae, soul, funk, classical, Celtic, Indian, Arabic, pop, Latin and country." - Wikipedia


I wish I could have gone for one concert of their's in the 70's and seen them perform like Gods!



Misty Mountain Hop

If you go down in the streets today,
baby, you better, you better open your eyes. WOAH WOAH YEAH
Folk down there really don't care, really don't care, don't care , really don't,
which, way the pressure lies,
so I've decided what I'm gonna do now.


So I'm packing my bags for the Misty Mountains
where the spirits go now, over the hills where the spirits fly.
I really don't know.


'Misty Mountains' signify the Shire in LOTR


Over the hills and far away

Many have I loved, and many times been bitten,
Many times I've gazed along the open road.
Many times I've lied and many times I've listened,
many times I've wondered how much there is to know.

Many dreams come true and some have silver linings
I live for my dream and a pocketful of gold.
Mellow is the mind who knows what he's been missin',
many many men can't see the open road.
Many is a word that only leaves you guessin',
Guessin' 'bout a thing you really ought to know.
You really ought to know.
I really ought to know.


The 'pocketful of gold' mentioned here signifies the Ring


Ramble On

Mines a tale that cant be told,
My freedom I hold dear;
How years ago in days of old
When magic filled the air,
Twas in the darkest depths of mordor
I met a girl so fair,
But gollum, and the evil one crept up
And slipped away with her.
Her, her....yea.
Aint nothing I can do, no.

'Gollum', 'Mordor'...etc etc.

6 comments:

Pearl said...

misty mountain hop and over the hills are inspired by Bilbo Baggins and The hobbit, not LOTR. but yes, Tolkien all the same.

"I don't know and I don't care, I just want to get out of here."

Unknown said...

And how could you forget, The Battle of Evermore????

The dark lord rides in force tonight
And time will tell us all...

The drums will shake the castle wall,
The ring wraiths ride in black, ride on...

Harman said...

yeah!! I read somewhere that Bron-Y-aur-stomp is also Tolkein....

Unknown said...

Bron - Y - Aur Stomp is named after the cottage somewhere in Wales? that these guys spent time in

Anonymous said...

Yes exactly, in some moments I can bruit about that I agree with you, but you may be considering other options.
to the article there is still a definitely as you did in the fall issue of this demand www.google.com/ie?as_q=lyrics freakshow britney spears ?
I noticed the phrase you suffer with not used. Or you functioning the black methods of inspiriting of the resource. I have a week and do necheg

Anonymous said...

led zeppelin...ahhh...u knw what they say......no quarter, no quarter...noone leaves until after the show...we dont let them go...